3311 East Geer Street
Durham, NC 27704
Morning Care: 6:30 am - 7:45 am
School Day: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
After School: 2:45 pm - 5:30 pm
School Verse: “But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31
Affiliation: Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) Accredited May 2, 2017
Colors: Blue, White, Silver
: All staff certified through ACSI. Mission
: The mission of Gorman Christian Academy is to serve as partners with parents in providing an excellent education with a Biblical Worldview while developing strong Christian character and values. Vision
: Gorman Christian Academy seeks for each student to know Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior and to acquire knowledge, wisdom, and a Biblical Worldview and to lead a lifestyle that is pleasing to God. Statement of Faith
GBC and GCA exist for the purpose of:
- Magnifying Jesus through worship and the Word.
- Moving believers in Jesus toward maturity and ministry, and
- Making Jesus known to our neighbors and the nations.
GBC and GCA is a family of believers who holds dear the following beliefs:
- God - We believe that there is one God who exists in three persons: the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus - We believe that Jesus is the Son of God, was born of a virgin, was wholly God and wholly man, lived a sinless life, died in our place as a sacrifice for the sins of mankind, was buried, arose bodily from the grave, and ascended into Heaven.
- Christ’s Return - We believe that Jesus Christ will literally return to earth.
- Holy Spirit - We believe that God the Holy Spirit is active in convincing unbelievers of their need for salvation and is the Comforter and Guide Who lives in every believer.
- Bible - We believe that the Bible is the Word of God without any error, the sole authority for life and faith.
- Man - We believe that man is a special creation of God, made in His image, but that through the sin of the first man, mankind fell so that all men are sinners and need salvation.
- Salvation - We believe that salvation is a gift received through repentance toward God and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Assurance - We believe that every person who is truly saved is eternally secure in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Eternity - We believe that those persons who die in their sins without Christ spend eternity in Hell and those persons who die with their sins forgiven through Christ spend eternity in Heaven.
- Baptism - We believe that water baptism is an act of obedience to the command of Christ and is by immersion after salvation.
- Church - We believe that the church is a local body of believers with the Lord Jesus Christ as the Head.
- Prayer - We believe that each believer has direct access to God through the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Government - We believe in the separation of church and state but not in separation of God and government. Christians are salt and light in society.
Non-Discrimination Policy: Gorman Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic and other school-administered programs. Assessments: TerraNova3
Extracurricular: Student Council, Drama, Sports Medicine, Sports Camps Athletics: Volleyball, Basketball
Fine Arts: Music, Drama